CT Communications Internet users have access to technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions about your Internet setup or service.
937-653-4000, option 2 (Champaign County)
937-650-4000, option 2 (Logan County)
Help Us Help You
When contacting Technical Support, try to have the following information ready to share with your technical support specialist:
- Track Errors - Have a list of error messages that popped up. Try to be as specific as possible when recording error messages.
- Have your username and password on hand because our technical support staff will require this information to document your call.
Internet Technical Support
Basic Internet Technical Support
Tier One technical support is provided free to our DSL customers and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. If service issues regarding DSL connectivity arise or assistance is needed with basic Internet software configuration, Tier One support is available at 937-653-4000, option 2 or 937-650-4000, option 2. In the event that Tier One support cannot resolve the problem, the matter can be escalated to our Tier Two technical support team which operates during regular business hours. Basic technical support provides telephone support only. If a technician must make an onsite visit to troubleshoot the problem, a premise visit charge at our current hourly rate will be billed to the customer.
Priority Internet Technical Support
Tier One technical support is provided free to our DSL customers and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. If service issues regarding DSL connectivity arise or assistance is needed with basic Internet software configuration, Tier One support is available at 937-653-4000, option 2 or 937-650-4000, option 2. In the event that Tier One support cannot resolve the problem, the matter can be escalated to our Tier Two technical support team which operates during regular business hours. Priority technical support can include onsite service and will not incur a premise visit charge. Tier Two priority technical support (both offsite and onsite) after business hours will be evaluated on a case by case basis and is subject to the availability of our technicians. Every effort will be made to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
OUR DSL TECHNICAL SUPPORT IS FOR CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS ONLY. WE WILL VERIFY THAT OUR EQUIPMENT IS WORKING PROPERLY. TECHNICAL SUPPORT WILL NOT GO INTO THE REALM OF CUSTOMER'S EQUIPMENT OR ITS CONFIGURATION.
Quick Troubleshooting Tips
Sometimes your Internet connection may appear to be down and all it takes is a quick step to get yourself back online. CT Communications offers free 24/7 technical support and we encourage you to use that service. Here is a checklist of things to do that might help you find a solution more quickly or give us more information about the problem when you contact us.
- Check your connections. Make sure that all the connections to the computer, modem, and router are secure.
- Restart all of your equipment. Be sure to restart the DSL modem first and give it time to set up. Follow that with restarting your computer.
- Phone line quality - Interference on your phone line, such as static and noise, can disrupt or impair your connection. Make note of any interference on your phone line and call our repair line at 937-653-4000, option 2 (Champaign County) or 937-650-4000, option 2 (Logan County) to report it.
- Voicemail - Most voicemail systems notify you of new messages with a stutter dial tone. Some modems recognize this as interference and are unable to dial to the Internet access number. It may be necessary to clear your voicemail messages first.
- Spyware/Adware/Viruses - These harmful programs can sneak onto your computer and cause your Internet browser program not to open and/or eat up so much of your computer's resources that few other programs can function. We encourage you to run an Anti-virus/spyware/adware program periodically; especially, when you experience a problem with your Internet connection. You have access to a free Internet Security Software Suite with your CTCN.Net Internet account. Click here to find go to your Internet Settings page and then choose the “My Security” link to find out more about the software and how to install it on your computer.
- To check the speed of your Internet connection, click on the following link: CTCN.Net Speedtest